Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ORGY OF THE DEAD - Jaime Mendoza-Nava - "Dead Strippers" (1965)

Yo Ya'll, Eegah!! here to tell you that I got a call on the jungle drums this morning that Tabonga couldn't quite make it out of Hell tonight, due to a loss of internet connection, but the show must go on, so.. Hello Everybloody, tonight feature is one I don't like so much, not that I'm gay, and don't like to watch topless women shake their stuff, and dance insipidly for over and hour, but it's nice to have some semblance of plot if you wanna make a movie, at least that's what I think! Here's what I got for you, the sound from the trailer of "Orgy Of The Dead" and a little bit more that will kind of clue you into what's going down! I'll just have my little buddy TJ the Borracho Flea push the red, white and green button for the fifth time........here's bunches of "Dead Dancing Gurls" in the graveyard!!

They claim it was written by Ed Wood, and I'm thinkin' Eddie probably wrote it on a napkin, because this script couldn't be more than a couple of sentences! Bob & Shirley go to graveyard for inspiration and end up watching 10 dead Gurls dance, and there's a wolfman and a mummy there too!

Composer Jaime Mendoza-Nava, had colourful history of scoring weird and wild flick with titles like "Vampire Hookers," "Jailbait Babysitter," "Rip-Off," "Creature From Black Lake," "Garden Of The Dead," "Equinox," "High, Wild, and Free," and "How To Succeed With Girls!" Jaime was a master of many styles!

This is like high quality outdoor version of "House On Bare Mountain" except that the music isn't as rockin' and it has Criswell in it!!!!

My favorite bit of trivia is that Fawn Silver as the black ghoul sitting here with Criswell, went on to be in the Jack Harris crazy feature "Mother Goose A Go-Go" as "Goldy!"

The hot lookin' Pat Barrington aka Pat Barringer played the role of Shirley here, and also the gold dancer, and what a career she had in flick like "The Psychedelics," "Psychedelic Sexualis," "Mantis In Lace" and "The Acid Eaters!" William Bates as Bob went on to have a role as a prison guard in the 1972 flick "Legend of Horror!"

The flaming colours are brilliant, and most of the music is pretty damn good!! I got it, this movie would be really great for all you swingers to have on in the background at your next Halloween Saturnalia!!!

8 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

i agree, this movie's much more fun to listen to than watch!

DIRTY SHORTS said...

LOL !
I rented this movie at Blockbuster in the 80's .

zillagord said...

Insipid dancing-- a real turn on! I love this one, too, in fact I own the soundtrack. Didn't have the trailer, though, thanks so much for that. I may use that Criswell shot for my wallpaper, too.

Torture, torture-- it pleasures me!!

R. Claude said...

Beautiful "photogrammes" (in french).
The script is, hem... B-movie, but the colours are very expressive.

R. Claude said...

The music is very good too !

Christopher said...

It appears you've caught the fancy of the Wolfman....aarrRRRRRrrrrrrrrroooo
Funny to watch the couple traveling along the road at the beginning ,switching from day to night back and forth!
Nothing but a barrage of striptease acts ..not that I don't like big 60s boobs and tail..but!..ANOTHER ONE? geeeeze!

Ashley Ashbee said...

The black haired lady looks like Amy Winehouse, no?

Greg Goodsell said...

WOW! A Bulgarian film crew came to my house just the other day to interview me about ORGY OF THE DEAD's Stephen Apostolof just the other day! Small world, isn't it?

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??